Get Ready for Valentine’s Day
February is the month of love and nothing says romance quite like strawberries, passion fruit, Callebaut chocolate and edible flowers, all of which we have in abundance to make your valentines menu stand out and taste delicious!
Nurtured in Norfolk
We are now stocking the full range of Nurtured in Norfolk Baby Vegetables Red Beet, Gold Beet, Candy Beet, Carrots, Leeks, Turnips and Rainbow Carrots as well as their excellent range of edible flowers. A local company based in Dereham, they supply a lot of the top restaurants across East Anglia and we are very proud to be able to provide their products for our customers too.
Keep it Fruity
Strawberries may be a focal point for this month, but you shouldn’t overlook the charm of other fresh fruit that is available now:
- Yorkshire and Dutch forced Rhubarb
- Blood Oranges and Seville Oranges
- Spanish Oranges, Satsuma’s and Leafy Clementine’s
- Local Apples and Pears – Cox, Russets and Conference Pears
- Fresh Figs
- Red Berries
What a Difference a Year Makes!
Last year, we had to worry about the flooded Spanish fields, which caused a great shortage and massive price increase of many products. This year however the weather has been on our side and we have a plentiful bounty of vegetables coming from our suppliers, all of which is looking high quality, especially courgettes, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Local root vegetables remain at their best – Carrots, Parsnips, Swede, Turnips, Jerusalem Artichokes, Celeriac, Beetroots, Leeks
- Potatoes – Prepared for roasting or mashing made from Norfolk Red Stemster. Also, Maris Piper, the ultimate all-rounder, or our basic washed white are good for most jobs.
- Chantenay Carrots, Piccolo Parsnips or Salsify for a slightly different alternative
Prices are finally starting to come down on salted and unsalted butter and will look to come down even more in the coming months, with milk and double cream to follow shortly
Sauces and Dry Store
In addition, don’t forget our extensive range of dry stores including Stokes sauces, Dried Herbs and Spices, Canned goods, Gherkins, Cooking Wines and much more, just call us on 01366 386633 to request a full list!
This month, we are celebrating Essential Cuisine Stocks!
Veal Jus (800g) for just £18.95*
Beef/Fish/Chicken/Vegetable (800g) down to £12.95**
We’re Feeling Social
*Current Price £23.95
**Current Price £15.95