-Will though will start to see some locally grown leafy Spring Greens, Cauliflowers and Purple Sprouting Broccoli unless we get some late frosty weather. We will also probably have a small supply of White sprouting broccoli at some point in spring.
-Yorkshire and local Forced Rhubarb has been available through into March with outdoor local starting from early April. This will be considerably cheaper than the forced.
-Heritage Potatoes – Ratte/Anya/Pink Fir Apple/Purple(Violette)- all available from stock or pre-order.
-Wild Garlic from our forager has now started and will be around until early May- look for our forager updates on social media every Monday for this and other foraged items.
– Seville Oranges for marmalade have now finished until next January but Blood Oranges will be around until end of April and are still looking very good and colourful.
– Local Bramley Cooking Apples, Braeburns, and Conference Pears are still very good from cold stores.
– Coxes apples have just about finished now.
-Spanish Strawberries and Raspberries- should be very nice and good value until the new Belgium and UK crops start in the coming weeks.
Other more specialist seasonal items to consider to order only
-Crosnes/Nasturtium Root/Chervil Root/Parsley Root /Red and Blue Meat radish– Ask for availabilities on these items as they will be available to order and price on the day.
– Heritage Beetroots – should be available with some new crop Spanish Bunched becoming available very soon.
– New Season Wet Garlic available to order – larger milder bulbs – first of the new crop.
– Heritage carrots – White/Orange/Purple/Yellow should be available moving from UK to French and Spanish for the next couple of months.
-Chicory- Red and White
-Fresh Peas and Broad Beans in pods from Italy and Spain now starting
Coming Up Very Soon
– Local Asparagus mid/end April until 21st June.
-Wild mushrooms- spring flush of St George, Mousseron, Ceps and Morels- ask for availabilities. Prices/availabilities will vary day to day on these.
-Jersey Royal New Potatoes have started but are very expensive to start and available to order only – they will become a stock item as the availability improves and the price comes down.
– UK and local leafy salads and baby leaves will start to arrive at the end of April
– We will change over from Spanish to Dutch and UK tomatoes and cucumbers at the end of April. This will be followed by our local heritage tomatoes.