We can hardly believe that it is December again so soon and that we are already starting to receive our Christmas orders! Not that we are complaining, as December brings the festive period and of course, that means lot of delicious Christmas food and drink! We all have that one thing that makes Christmas special to us when it comes to food; whether it’s brussels sprouts, cranberries, mixed nuts, and without it, it just wouldn’t be the same.
Luckily for you, we have everything that you will need to stock your kitchens full to the brim of festive feast treats for your customers and with deliveries running through most of the holidays, and all of our ‘seasonal produce’ now in our warehouse, you can keep your stock fresh!
No Christmas dinner is complete without brussels sprouts and we have both prepared and loose ready to go, with sprout tops an excellent alternative leafy green vegetable.
As for your potatoes, we can help save you time with our ‘prepared for roasting or mashing’ packs, made from Norfolk Red Stemster and we also have Maris Piper (the ultimate all-rounder in our eyes) or our cheaper but till excellent quality washed white which are also good for most jobs.
Swede, Carrots, Leeks, Celeriac, Turnips and Parsnips – all available prepared if required and if you are looking for something a little different without straying too far from the traditions, why not try Chantenay Carrots, Piccolo Parsnips or Salsify instead!
Cauliflower, Broccoli, Savoy, January King and Red Cabbage are all in fine form and ready to go when you need them.
- Spanish Oranges, Satsumas and Leafy Clementines are in and we may get some blood oranges just before Christmas, so keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter for updates on that
- Local Apples and Pears – Cox, Russets and Conference Pears
- Fresh Figs
- Fresh and Frozen Cranberries
- Dates – Best Quality Medjool and 200g prepacked
- Quince and Quince Jelly
- Red Berries – Redcurrants, Strawberries and Raspberries
Christmas ‘Must Haves’:
- Mixed Nuts – 400g packs
- Chestnuts – Loose Fresh or cooked and peeled pre-packed x 400g
- Wild Mushrooms- mixed from stock or individual varieties on request (Chanterelles, Trompettes and Girolles should all be available to order)
- Dried Fruit, Nuts and Ingredients – Sultanas, Raisins, walnut halves, Muscovado Sugar etc, please call for more details
- Stilton Cheese plus large range of other cheeses in stock – see also our local cheese list
- Panettone (Authentic Italian) and Christmas Puddings (to order only so call our team if you are interested)
- Cranberry Sauce, made by Stokes in Suffolk
- Remember, we also have a full range of Olives and Anti pasti, Frozen Boiron Purees, Stokes Suffolk Chutneys and Pickles and the Colman’s range of mustards and condiments
Bakery bread is made to order and as always, it is imperative that bread orders are received by 9pm the evening before delivery. The two working-day lead time continues to apply to fresh Focaccia, Ciabatta, Sourdough, Cornbread and Soda Bread.Where we are unable to supply your requested bread, we will endeavour to provide a suitable alternative (pre-frozen Focaccia, Ciabatta and Sourdough are held on stock should you miss the two-day cut off)
**Please note that we are unable to supply bakery bread on Tuesday 2nd Jan, however we do stock Kingsmill brown/white sliced loaves**
To place an order when the office is closed please leave a message on our answering service or alternatively email your order to email@example.com
Prepared vegetables for delivery on Weds 27th should be ordered by 12 noon on Fri 22nd December
Prepared vegetables for delivery on Tues 2nd should be ordered by 12 noon on Fri 29th December
Prepared carrot batons and ¼ cut roast potatoes will be held on stock and do not require pre-ordering
Current standing orders will be suspended from Saturday 24th and resume on 3rd Jan. If you have a current standing order with us, we will contact you soon to discuss your individual requirements over this period